Saturday 16 December 2017

Rick and Morty


Rick & Morty is an animated TV series aimed at adults and I guess older kids or teenagers - there are some very dark subjects and scenes. The show has developed a huge followed. I only came onto it recently after loads of people kept sending me memes and talking about the show.

A quick scout around on the internet reveals a massive amount of fan art dedicated to the show so I decided to make my own one.
Concept sketch: Kromobopulus Michael is armbarring or shoulder cranking Morty while misc other characters look on. Actually Rick isn't looking, he's too busy getting drunk. 

The characters are rendered quite simply and to be honest it wasn't all that hard to draw them freehand, but I wanted to make sure all the tiny details were authentic and accurate to the show.

The whole piece was drawn and coloured using Manga Studio Pro, including a final layer or airbrushed shadow to enhance the 3-D shapes - something that doesn't appear on the TV show artwork and thus could be argued is my own spin on the characters.

Some appreciation on Reddit/BJJ.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment