Tuesday 1 December 2015

Colouring Art Cards



I printed five designs onto thick uncoated cards for use as promotional colouring in art cards. The video above shows me colouring in one of the cards - my fire rooster design. Here is a photo showing all the designs:






The pencils I used are made by Caran D'Ache and they are the Luminance range. They are marketed as high quality artist's pencils and I must say, the colours they produce are lush and very opaque. Perfect for applying rich colour to these colouring in cards plus experimenting with pencil techniques such as blending and burnishing.



I read a whole bunch of pencil reviews and many seem to suggest these were slightly better than Prismacolor pencils. I haven't tried the latter but when I get a set I'll do a side by side comparison.

In the meantime, I can attest to the sturdiness of these pencils and their bright, optical pigment quality when colouring in.

The art cards will be available as a special promotion for the first 50 customers of my forthcoming BJJ gi that I call the Orchid Dragon.



.


No comments:

Post a Comment